- /ˈbʊlzaɪ / (say 'boolzuy)
1. the central spot, usually black, of a target.
2. a shot that strikes the bullseye.
3. a small circular opening or window.
4. a thick disc or lens-like piece of glass inserted in a deck or the like to admit light.
5. the central boss in a sheet of blown glass.
6. Nautical an oval or circular wooden block having a groove around it and a hole in the centre through which to reeve a rope.
7. a big, round, hard sweet, often of peppermint.
8. (plural bullseye or bullseyes) a reddish-pink, large-eyed, marine fish of the family Priacanthidae common along the eastern coast of Australia.
Usage: For variation in the plural inflection for def. 8, see note at fish1.
Australian English dictionary. 2014.
Look at other dictionaries:
Bullseye — Personnage de fiction apparaissant dans Daredevil Alias Benjamin Pointdexter, Lester, Leonard, Activité(s) … Wikipédia en Français
Bullseye — Saltar a navegación, búsqueda Bullseye Publicación Marvel Comics Primera aparición DareDevil #131 (1976) Características Nombre real Lester Alias conocidos Benjamin Poindexter Estado Activo Afiliaciones a … Wikipedia Español
Bullseye (C.O.P.S.) — Bullseye is a fictional cartoon character in the C.O.P.S. (Central Organization of Police Specialists) series from Hasbro which ran from 1988 1989.Character profileBullseye ( Sight in brazilian version) lives for the sky. He is one of the best… … Wikipedia
bullseye — 1833, center of a target. Meaning shot that hits the mark is from 1857 … Etymology dictionary
bullseye — ► NOUN 1) the centre of the target in sports such as archery and darts. 2) a hard peppermint flavoured sweet … English terms dictionary
Bullseye — A bullseye is the center of a target of concentric circles.Bullseye may also refer to:* ʘ, a phonetic symbol for bilabial click * Bullseye (CNBC), U.S. TV news program * Bullseye (Bull Terrier) the dog mascot of Target Corporation, which also… … Wikipedia
bullseye — 1. noun a) The centre of a target b) A peppermint flavoured sweet (UK) or candy (US), with stripes on it. 2. interjection a) A cry when someone hits the bullseye of a target … Wiktionary
Bullseye! — Infobox Film name = Bullseye! caption = director = Michael Winner producer = Ami Artzi Menahem Golan Michael Winner writer = Leslie Bricusse Laurence Marks Maurice Gran Nick Mead Michael Winner starring = Michael Caine Roger Moore Sally Kirkland… … Wikipedia
bullseye — didžiaakė katalufa statusas T sritis zoologija | vardynas taksono rangas rūšis atitikmenys: lot. Cookelus boops angl. alfonsin; black finned bigeye; bullseye; catalufa; long finned bullseye rus. большеглазая каталуфа ryšiai: platesnis terminas –… … Žuvų pavadinimų žodynas
bullseye — An established reference point from which the position of an object can be referenced. See also reference point … Military dictionary